Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Examination



Next year I am taking Grade 5 Piano Exam. I have about 8 months to prepare all the exam pieces.*lamanya*
Let me elaborate more about "Apa Itu Exam Piano?!".
 



ABRSM (the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) is an internationally recognised educational body and charity that provides examination in music. The organisation, based in London, UK, runs exams in centres all over the world. For the past 2 years I already sat for 2 examination, (grade 2 and grade 4). The first exam was OMG horrified but luckily I got a Distinction. *happy* and the second exam I got a Merit..*okay la*. I am hoping that I can do my very best next year! *wish me luck*.

For next year`s examination the songs that I have to pick is quite challenging I must say, can you imagine 3 pages for each song,*takutnya*.

These are the details of Piano Grade 5 examination:

Scales ~ all keys (12 majors and 12 minors)
Contrary Motion ~ group 1 and 2 of majors and minors
Chromatic Scales ~ beginning on any note named by the examiner
Chromatic contrary-motion scales ~ beginning on D and A flat
Arpeggios ~ all keys

THREE PIECES : one chosen by the candidate from each of the three Lists, A, B, and C :

LIST A
 
1) J. S. Bach Air: 4th movt from Partita No. 6 in E minor, BWV 830
2) J. H. Fiocco Andante: from Pièces de clavecin, Op.
3) Haydn Menuet and Trio: 3rd movt from Sonata in Bb, Hob. XVI/2

 ~ (1 - 3) is the selected Piano Exam Pieces 2011/2012 ABRSM ~

4) T. Arne Presto: 2nd movt from Sonata No. 6. Arne Eight Keyboard Sonatas (Faber)
5) J. C. F. Bach Allegro in E minor. No. 12 from J. C. F. Bach Musical Leisure Hours (ABRSM)
6) Cimarosa Larghetto in C minor. No. 15 from Cimarosa Sonatas, Book 2 (Broekmans & Van Poppel 871/MDS) or P. 28 from Contemplations (Boosey & Hawkes/MDS)

LIST B

1) Gedike Miniature in D minor: No. 2 from Dix miniatures en forme d’études, Op. 8
2) Zˇilinskis Elegy (In Autumn): from Scenes from Childhood
3) Liszt Andantino: No. 4 from Fünf kleine Klavierstücke, S. 192

~ (1 - 3) is the selected Piano Exam Pieces 2011/2012 ABRSM ~

4) Glinka Mazurka in C minor. P. 68 from Glinka Complete Works for Piano, Vol. 2 (Könemann Music Budapest K212—Editio Musica Budapest/FM Distribution)
5) Schumann Wiegenliedchen (Cradle Song): No. 6 from Albumblätter, Op. 124. No. 11 from Schumann 16 Albumleaves (ABRSM)
6) Tchaikovsky Polka, Op. 39 No. 14. No. 10 from Tchaikovsky Album for the Young, Op. 39 (ABRSM) or More Romantic Pieces for Piano, Book 3 (ABRSM)

LIST C

1) Thiman Flood-Time: No. 5 from Water Pieces
2) Gershwin It ain’t necessarily so (from Porgy and Bess), arr. Harris
3) Bloch Joyous March: No. 5 from Enfantines

~ (1 - 3) is the selected Piano Exam Pieces 2011/2012 ABRSM ~

4) Mike Cornick First Impression: from Blue Piano (Universal 19762/MDS)
5) Mompou Pájaro triste (Sad Bird): No. 5 from Impresiones íntimas (UME/Music Sales) or Mompou Música para piano (UME/Music Sales)
6) Christopher Norton Dreaming On. No. 11 from The Christopher Norton Rock Preludes Collection (Boosey &Hawkes/MDS)

Lastly, Sight Reading and Aural Test..

Torturing eh?! I know I know..
I promise myself no matter what happens I`m gonna work my @$# off to pass the examination!! *hell yeah*

I still havent decided which song should I choose from List A,B, n C, what do guys think? should I pick the hardest one so that I can challenge myself?! hurmm... My teacher always encourage me to play the hard songs because according to him when I  play some easy songs it`ll  be "kacang goreng" (easy maaaa)... wiwiwiwiiwi

Well, lets just hope I dont mess up on the "Big Day" next year!!


“There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...